Discovery Plus Channel on DirecTV | Overview
Perhaps the most frequently asked query following the launch of Discovery+. DirecTV is a satellite TV platform that allows viewers to stream a vast amount of television channels. It is more of an alternative to DishTV, Cables, Android TV, and FireStick alternative because it has a huge selection of television channels. Prices are somewhat costly, but users have to pay for them as they feel it is affordable. DirecTV customers are asking a question: Will Discovery Channel be on DirecTV or not?
The information I obtained via DIRECTV was Discovery HD, not Discovery Plus. According to the DIRECTV website, Discovery HD is on channel 278. If you wish to watch Discovery Plus on DIRECTV, you can’t because it is not available. Discovery Plus channel is not accessible through DIRECTV.
Discovery Plus is an independent streaming service, and it functions in the same way as other streaming services, such as Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others. On that website, it’s stated that the Discovery Plus streaming isn’t accessible through satellite-based streaming services, such as DIRECTV.
Even if it’s not difficult to imagine it is, Discovery Plus would be on DIRECTV since it’s satellite television that allows customers to have access to numerous channels.
New Method: How to Watch Discovery Plus on DirecTV
There is no partnership between Discovery Plus, and DirecTV doesn’t mean you can’t access Discovery Channel on this satellite television service. Remember that we mentioned earlier that DirecTV has a wide range of channels. There are numerous Discovery Channels accessible on DirecTV.
- [Tested and Working] Six Methods to get paid to Watch On Netflix
- Fixed 2022: Get Netflix Student Discount, Step by Step Guide
- [New Method]Spotify Web Player – Music For Everyone | How to Login and Have Full Access for Windows, Android and iOS
As of now, some subchannels of Discovery are in operation, but not the principal subchannels. Based on my personal experience and with regard to some tech enthusiasts, we have discovered that Discovery Plus streaming is currently not accessible on DirecTV and other similar satellite platforms. This means that you will not be streaming the content of Discovery Plus, even if you are a subscriber to a DirecTV subscription.
How To Subscribe to Discovery Plus and Enjoy All Shows
Subscribe to Discovery Plus to get access to all Discovery Plus shows. Discovery Plus has two subscription options, and you can choose the one that suits your needs. Discovery Plus allows you to stream your 7-day trial for free if you decide to subscribe. Discovery Plus offers several subscription options, including:
- $6.99/month (ad-free).
It is important to understand that your Discovery subscription will automatically renew each month. You can cancel your Discovery subscription at any time.
Are you a first-time subscriber to Discovery Plus? Here’s how to subscribe to Discovery Plus if it is your first time.
- Sign up first at discoveryplus.com. Or you can download the app to your device, then sign up.
- The next step is to click the Start Free Trial button on the Discovery Plus homepage. Clicking on this button will grant you permission to stream for 7 consecutive days, and then you’ll be charged for your monthly subscription.
- You will need to choose a plan in this step. There are two types of subscription plans available. You can choose the one that suits you best.
- You will need an account to sign up for Discovery Plus because you are a brand new user. Enter your username and password and click the Continue button.
- Once you have created an account, you will need to enter your billing information. Next, you will need to add the necessary details to authenticate the payment. You have the option to choose between PayPal or Credit Card as your preferred payment method.
- To confirm your subscription, click on the Agree and Proceed button.
Devices/OS You Can Watch Discovery Plus
Discovery Media House tried to launch Discovery+ on as many devices as possible. You can’t view Discovery Plus on DirecTV, as you can see. These are the sources from which the Discovery Plus app can be used to view the channels, content, and more.
- Using the official App Store app, Apple users can view Discovery Plus on their iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can also watch Discovery on Apple TV.
- Amazon Fire TV customers can download the app to their TV.
- Roku subscribers can watch the Wild Life Discovery Channels and Subs on their Roku device.
You can also watch Discovery Plus on other Operating Systems and Devices, such as Andriod phones and tablets
- Chromecast with Google
- Smart TVs (Samsung 2017 and above Smart TVs
- Microsoft Xbox (Series X, Series X, and Series S)
How To Upgrade or Downgrade Discovery Plus
You can upgrade your Discovery Plus subscription. You can upgrade your subscription to Discovery Plus for the web, Xbox One, or Samsung Smart TV by following these steps.
- You must first access the Discoveryplus.com website from either your mobile phone or computer. Next, sign in using your discovery+ email address.
- Next, click on the account icon located at the top of your screen. This will open the drop-down menu.
- You must select “Account” from this drop-down menu.
- You must select “Change Plan” from the Plans section of the screen “Manage Your Account.”
- Now, choose the Ad-Free plan.
What about downgrading subscriptions. Follow these steps to downgrade Discovery Plus web, Xbox One, or Samsung Smart TV subscriptions.
- You first need to access Discoveryplus.com via your smartphone or computer. Next, you will need to sign in using your discovery+ email address.
- To open the drop-down menu, click on the account icon located at the top of your screen.
- You will need to select “Account” from this drop-down menu.
- You will find the “Manage Your Account Screen” option. In the Plans section, select “Change Plan.”
- Next, select the Ad-Lite plan.
Follow these steps to upgrade your Discovery Plus subscription for Android.
- You first need to open the sidebar menu by clicking the hamburger button in Google Play Store.
- You must then click Subscribe.
- Next, click on the Discovery+ app.
- You will need to click Cancel at this point.
- You will need to go back to Discovery+ and choose the Ad-Free plan.
Since its launch in November 2020, Discovery Plus has been steadily gaining popularity as a streaming service. If you’re a DIRECTV customer, you may be wondering what channel Discovery Plus is on. The answer is: it depends. If you have a standard DIRECTV package, Discovery Plus is on channel 27. However, if you have a DIRECTV HD package, Discovery Plus is on channel 1273.